-
April 25th, 2005, 10:44 AM
#11
Inactive Member
My doll room is already too small...it seems when you have a designated space you feel the need to fill that space....I have way to much furniture, to many dolls...somethings are needing to go....the only thing that worked out well was the closet organizer.....we ripped the closet out and reorganized it ...I now have the space to hang all the outfits with hats and accessories together....that was a big help..
Mary
-
April 25th, 2005, 07:15 PM
#12
Inactive Member
I hear your frustration, too. We live in my MIL's 2 flat and the apartment where we live was left in shambles. So, us two young newly weds attempted to fix it up ourselves. It's not working too well. After 10 years we finally got a contractor in to do the bathroom and the rest of my house is still in transition. To make matters worse, my MIL is so jealous that she makes a point of saying something (usually something very nasty and inappropriate) whenever we start a new project. My DH starts out the project but works a lot of hours, too, so a lot of projects are incomplete. I would love to take over our "dressing room" as a doll room but DH insists it is going to be a nursery. Don't even get me started on that. I've come to the conclusion that the only way I'll be able to have children is thru the AG catalog.
Sorry, I needed to rant, too.
-
April 25th, 2005, 11:01 PM
#13
Inactive Member
I would probably be frustated waiting for the room to be finished too, Jenny! I do not have a doll room, though I certainly wish I did. I think of my dolls as a world sort of separate from my everyday life, and I think it would be really nice for the dolls to have their own little space for that world.
The only downside I can see is that having a whole room for the dolls would only encourage me to buy more, and branch out into furniture and accessories, which as of now, I have very little of because I just don't have the room. If I didn't have the "no room" excuse anymore...well, it might get ugly. Although, I do still have the "no money" excuse to keep me under control for awhile.... [img]confused.gif[/img]
-
April 25th, 2005, 11:11 PM
#14
Inactive Member
Oh, a doll room would just be wonderful!! Who wouldn't love to have a place to set up all the furniture and scenes and just admire it all??? [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Actually, my bedroom has so much stuff crammed into it, it probably counts as a "doll/horse room" since it is filled with AG stuff and Breyers. *ha ha* (Maregatherswords, I noticed you said you collect them too! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] Do you customize at all?)
I've always wanted an attic where I could display all of my dolls at one end, and have either my bedroom or a sewing room at the other. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks